Thursday, November 03, 2005

Hellooooooo 2 hours of Anderson!

Aaron Brown got the boot and The Coop is taking over his 10pm slot! [MSNBC]



Many of you know about my fascination obsession with Anderson Cooper, but I never thought there would be such a timely opportunity to discuss him! Also, my boss is in LA, so I'm doing everything I can to avoid working.




"His iconically young-but-silver-haired visage gazes at me from billboards and magazine ads everywhere, suggesting a certain in-your-face-ness ... with a palpable desire to ... always be where the action is."



At 23, armed with only his camcorder (and his Vanderbilt family fortune), Coop snuck his way onto the 12-minute daily Channel One satellite broadcast by immersing himself in situations that no other American reporter would dare enter. He shortly graduated into an overnight network anchor position on ABC World News Now. I never really had the balls to tell my mom that I couldn't wake up for high school every day because I stayed up until 5am watching Anderson read the headlines and do the World News Polka.





As the reality TV craze began, AC was pegged to host the, in my opinion, smartest and most inspired reality show ever - ABC's The Mole. He let loose and we got to know the "real" Andy as he cheered and cried with us as the contestants pursued the secret of the Mole.







Then, 9/11. Coops, as he likes me to call him, decided it was time to get back to news and became a correspondent for CNN. In September 2003, CNN launched Anderson Cooper 360°, which the network describes as a "fast-moving, surprising and provocative alternative to the typical network evening newscast."






I swore I wasn't going to do things on this blog like write biographies of my favorite anchors, but hey, at least I didn't tell you that my current mood and song, right?

God night, and good luck. If you need me between 10 and 12 on weeknights, you know where I'll be.




No comments: